Thursday, August 19, 2010

Any ideas on how to market a warehouse for sale in Brooklyn?

I am a Real Estate Sales Agent. I've been doing this about a year %26amp; now I have the opportunity to sell a huge warehouse in Brooklyn, New York. I normally handle houses, condos, etc...


This is huge. I don't want to mess it up as it makes a big difference in my Real Estate career. I am looking for ideas as to how to market such a piece of property? How to catch the eye of the savvy investor, like people who want to open a Target, Lowe's, and can afford $30 million, etc??? I really appreciate any advice. Thanks.Any ideas on how to market a warehouse for sale in Brooklyn?
If you are really targeting the $30M plus market with this building, you might consider contacting a commercial brokerage regarding setting up a cooperative marketing agreement. I just mentioned this because, you are going to have a harder time getting this building in front of investors than a commercial broker that already has the contacts.





Now, that suggestion aside...





One obvious group of target buyers would be other owners of similar property in the immediate area. You can get that inforamtion from the tax roles.





Another group of logical targets would be companies that have purchases similar properties in neighboring areas. Same story on how to find the info.





You could also put out a sales package to some of the smaller equity investors in New York (you are in one of the hubs of real estate investment) to see what kind of response you get.





Good luck with this effort. I am sure it is an exciting one for you.Any ideas on how to market a warehouse for sale in Brooklyn?
You might check with code enforcement in the city and find out if it is ok to paint the side of the building. You could have a rectangular section painted and have 'buy me' or whatever painted on it. Think about the number of people in brooklyn that might pass the property and see it. You could make it a term of sale that you would re-paint the side of the building with the buyer's company name or something.


Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment