Thursday, August 19, 2010

How do I go about developing my photos for sale?

I began taking photos of my nephews in youth baseball and football a couple of years ago. Soon after I was taking photos of their teammates and handing them out to their parents. I seemed to be doing a pretty good job because they became quite popular. I was approached by a parent that mentioned to me that I could make a little extra money form this hobby. I have no proffesional training and I never took a course. I have an old cannon eos and a EF 80-200mm lens. I have always paid retail for my film developing. I've done some research as to how to solicit my work and gaining access to high school sporting events, also establishing a DBA. I would also look into upgarding my equipment. I just haven't figured out how to go about developing my proofs and developing photos that are ordered in various sizes. Do I need to buy the printer or is it possible to pay someone wholesale for developing? This can make or break my plan.How do I go about developing my photos for sale?
a local photograper made an agreement with k-mart for a reduced price





that is all I know about itHow do I go about developing my photos for sale?
Hmmm we have a Creve Couer Cmaera here that does it. Its no too bad. Good Quality photos. But if you go digital (which is a great upgrade) send em to Adorama.com they have amazing prices, all size printing and you can do it from just a click of the mouse. Adorama also has amazing quility. They looked professional when I recieved my 8 x 10's and my wallets from a wedding I did for a friend. Any camera shop should develope them. Its probably not worth trying to learn how to do darkroom tho.

No comments:

Post a Comment